I have now got some of the equipment for my SafeDuino, as has been mentioned previously I have selected Freetronics for much of my kit for this, sure I could make most of it manually, but I do prefer it being on a circuit board to make it that bit easier to mount.
So far I have obtained the following from a local Jaycar store
- Freetronics EtherMega
- RGB LED, This may yet be changed, as something I would like to do would be easier if I just had the RGB LED itself without the board, well rather easier without the IC on it, the board is prefered however.
- Humidity sensor, Freetronics board mounted, however it is a “common” DHT22
- Reed Switch, this came from my stash of components, but was originally from Jaycar as well
- 2000 Ohm and 8000 Ohm resistors to make a voltage divider
- NDriver Transitor relay, this is to allow me to turn on/off the LED light strip
Good news is all parts have so far passed testing, now its just a matter of waiting for the rest of the items to arive, in the mean time however I will not be slacking I will be using a simulator (Simulator for Arduino from Virtronics ) and the components already at hand to start work on this project.
Whats worse is I have already decided on my next project, several (as we have several locations on the property that require it) water tank level sensors, based upon the Freetronics EtherTen, this one has been chosen for that project as I can use the Cisco POE switches I have at home to power it from the network, meaning no external power requirements